Informatie gezocht

j. winfried???

Gepost door juol inger 
Met uw steun kan de Museumserver dit forum blijven uitbaten.

• j. winfried???

26 maart 2005 03:50
    I would greatly appreciate any information available on J. Winfried. He is or was supposedly a self-taught Dutch painter and retired sea captain. The only painting I've seen of his is a gorgeous seascape oil. Thanks for sharing any info.

• Re: j. winfried???

25 april 2005 23:22
    can you tell me if you have found any info on j. winfried. i came across a painting of ships at sea by him and am having a difficult time finding info. thank you

02 mei 2005 02:57

I have an oil painting signed J. Winfried, which my father bought -- the subject is a ship. It was bought at an art show of the artist's work produced at the Mariners Museum in Newport News Virginia probably in the 50s or 60s.

Let me know if you find out more.

Gary

02 mei 2005 02:58
    I have an oil painting signed J. Winfried, which my father bought -- the subject is a ship. It was bought at an art show of the artist's work produced at the Mariners Museum in Newport News Virginia probably in the 50s or 60s.

Let me know if you find out more.

Gary

H. Mindnich
    04 juni 2005 16:01
    J. Winfried was a wonderfully talented artist from Holland.I do not know if he is still living. His paintings were imported to the United States during the 50's and 60's. The largest of his paintings (48 x 24) were sold at various US galleries for about $125.00. I just bought a beautiful oil of his. It is a clipper ship on a rough sea. It appraised at 800.00. I found it difficult to find out any information also. I finally came in contact with Mike Mosher at The Mosher Gallery in Fairfax, VA. who appears to know alot of J. Winfried. He was extremely helpful.

15 augustus 2005 01:45
    I have also been attempting to obtain info on J. Winfried. A painting-oil on canvas, original, (very GOOD), was located in my present residence when we bought the house. It measures 16"x20". Painting depicts a tall ship at sea. Any info would be very helpful. I will share info with others should I find any.....

19 augustus 2005 20:24
    TO H. MINDNICH...Can you give me any info as to how to contact this Mike Mosher. I was unable to locate a Mosher Gallery in Virginia. Thanking you in advance....Ron Salisbury, Elkridge, MD USA

02 september 2005 00:49
    I was able to obtain a little info. The Maritime Museum in Newport News could not locate anything about him. Their records only go back to 1970. He may be German and not Dutch. He was one of the "starving artists". Mike Moser of the Moser Gallery in Virginia was a given a copy of the painting I have which is 16x20 of a tall ship at sea. It is valued at $700.00. If you have a painting of his and it has numbers, etc on the back of the canvas, it means that it was imported into the USA for sale by a painting wholesaler whose company no longer exists. I could not find out any information about the artist himself. I hope this info may help some of you.H. Mindnich schreef:

> J. Winfried was a wonderfully talented artist from Holland.I do
    > not know if he is still living. His paintings were imported to
    > the United States during the 50's and 60's. The largest of his
    > paintings (48 x 24) were sold at various US galleries for about
    > $125.00. I just bought a beautiful oil of his. It is a clipper
    > ship on a rough sea. It appraised at 800.00. I found it
    > difficult to find out any information also. I finally came in
    > contact with Mike Mosher at The Mosher Gallery in Fairfax, VA.
    > who appears to know alot of J. Winfried. He was extremely
    > helpful.
    >