Informatie gezocht

Information Dutch painters

Met uw steun kan de Museumserver dit forum blijven uitbaten.

• Re: Information Dutch painters

23 maart 2002 15:44
    Vonnot -Viollet - may be Belgian but search led me to this page.
    I would like to know if he/she is importable and/or collectable!
    I have a set of small etchings dated 1933.

10 april 2002 23:18
    Looking for information on a Dutch painter of the 1960's whose last name was 'Selhorst'. He, perhaps a brother and friends, sold paintings in western Germany during this period to embassy and consular personnel.

Any information would be most helpful.

Thank you.

10 april 2002 23:21
    Looking for information on a Dutch painter of the 1960's whose last name was 'Selhorst'. He, perhaps a brother and friends, sold paintings in western Germany during this period to embassy and consular personnel.

Any information would be most helpful.

Thank you.Gerrit Heemskerk Kunsthandel schreef:
    >
    > If you are looking for information about Dutch painters from
    > the 19th and 20th century and the value of their paintings,
    > add a note to this page or write an e-mail to:
    > 1.stamesko@wxs.nl
    >
    > Gerrit Heemskerk Kunsthandel
    > Amsterdam
    > Netherlands.

20 april 2002 20:09
    I know this is outside your information parameters but, as a long shot, here goes:

By way of introduction my name is Norman Vaux and I am writing a screenplay about a Rembrandt painting. More specifically the work of art is identified as Bredius #121 and was, until recently, displayed at The Metropolitan Museum of Art as "The Artist's son Titus." Somewhere around 1880, Rodolphe Kann purchased the painting which was available on the art market in Vienna at that time (ref. Alfred von Wurzbach "Rembrandt-Galerie", published 1886). It was later acquired by the Duveen Brothers in 1907 who sold it to Benjamin Altman in the same year. Altman bequeathed the painting to The Met in 1913.

I am trying to track down who Kann purchased the painting from and when that transaction took place. I believe that C. Sedelmeyer and/or the Sedelmeyer Galerie, Paris might have been involved. Another name that surfaces is E. Secretan, Paris.

I would appreciate any information that you can provide to help shed some light on this matter. I would also be grateful for any other research ideas for tracking the history of the painting. It is interesting that the provenance includes "Count Podstatzky's Collection, Bohemia", but I am unable to find any reference to this individual. Do you have any history on him?

Thank you for your cooperation. Should you wish to be included on the mailing list for the treatise, I would be pleased to send you a copy as it is a most interesting story, to say the least.

Sincerely, Norm

Norman Vaux, II
    Blue Spruce Productions
    4100 Baculite Mesa Road, #14
    Pueblo, CO 81001, USA
    719-562-9791
  • tracing Titus' track

20 april 2002 23:07
    The one person who would know of any such collection having existed is the artist Valerie archduchess of Austria, neé countess Podstatzky-Lichtenstein. You can reach her at info@portrait.at or get in touch with the university of Olomouc(Olmütz in German) in Moravia where the Podstatzky's have lived for centuries. Young Mozart survived the small-poxs there in 1767 through the care of count Anton Podstatzky. Finally, the art historical institute of the Utrecht university collects and studies early European collection and auction catalogs. Good luck.

24 april 2002 20:44
    I am searching for the name of the Dutch artist whose paintings contained people lit by candlelight. Thank you.

11 januari 2007 00:59
    Dear Sirs,

¿can your help me please to identify this painter? I guess the signature is C. van Beslen or something similar. Thank your very much an greetings from Uruguay, Sudamérica.

Rodolfo Osorio