Informatie gezocht

Jan Knikker Sr. paintings

Met uw steun kan de Museumserver dit forum blijven uitbaten.

• Jan Knikker Sr. paintings

06 februari 2006 20:33
    I own two paintings by Jan Knikker. One is a Polder scene and the other is of a road by a river with a church in the background and people walking on the road. They are signed Jan Knikker in bold letters in the right hand corner. I found a similar painting on a website of Sovereign Collection's Home paintings on the AltaVista website. It is signed Jan Knikker Sr. (1889-1957) $7,500 USD. Couldn't get any other information. It also was a polder scene. Would love to find out more about my paintings; what their value is and how to put them up for sale. I also know that Jan Knikker went to the Hague school.
    In much appreciation,
    Petronella Vasconcellos Groenendijk
  • Re: Jan Knikker Sr. paintings

15 februari 2006 14:06
    Dear Mrs. Vasconcellos,
    Jan Knikker was the younger brother of Aris Knikker, who was my grandfather. They were well-known painters and in fact they still are. Jan Knikker also had a son, Jan jr. who was also a painter.
    More information is also available via Google or Yahoo, but if you have a specific question, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Regards,
    Don. L. Klerkx

07 april 2006 22:27
    Hello,

I have a painting signed Jan Knikker. It represents horses pulling a wagon on a beach.

I live in Canada and I'm having difficulties having it appraised because he is not a well known painter here.

Maybe you know a place in Montréal that could help me out.

24 april 2006 00:38
    Hello:

We think we have a painting by Jan Knikker.
    The scene is a windmill towards the right of the painting,
    a farmhouse,
    three cows,
    windmill in the distance,
    a small farm house.
    The size is 45x25.
    It is is excellent shape,
    is there any way that you can give me an estimate of its value.

Thank You,
    Bill

11 mei 2006 12:25
    I also own a Knikker, However, whether it is a snr of jr. I cannot tell. It is signed at the left hand bottom corner. All I have been able to find is a very, very similar painting by Jan Knikker jr.which measures 16 x 22 cm. My painting is twice as wide and twice as long. Is there an explanation for this similarity? Did jr. perhaps copy a painting of his father?

Anonieme bezoeker
    30 oktober 2006 14:11
    Jan sr. and Jan jr. often went together ïnto the fields"; so it so quite possible that one day they painted a similar situation. In some cases they were even accompinied with Aris (Jan sr. brother).