Informatie gezocht

Free informations on Dutch painters

Met uw steun kan de Museumserver dit forum blijven uitbaten.

• Re: Free informations on Dutch painters

17 februari 2001 10:22
    I 've seen a painting by van Hoom. Do you have any information on this particular artist. Write me in English,please.

19 februari 2001 16:31
    : Are you looking for information about Dutch painters from the 19th and 20th century ?
    : We try to answer all your questions, if we can, about Values, Origin and Importance.
    : Gerrit Heemskerk Kunsthandel
    : Keizersgracht 531
    : Amsterdam

20 februari 2001 03:39
    : : Are you looking for information about Dutch painters from the 19th and 20th century ?
    : : We try to answer all your questions, if we can, about Values, Origin and Importance.
    : : Gerrit Heemskerk Kunsthandel
    : : Keizersgracht 531
    : : Amsterdam
    i have a painting done by a artist by the name of grust. it has been handed down threw my family my great great grandmother originally had it. please help me if you can i can mail you a picture if needed.thank you sincerely janie

20 februari 2001 14:17
    : Are you looking for information about Dutch painters from the 19th and 20th century ?
    : We try to answer all your questions, if we can, about Values, Origin and Importance.
    I am looking for a painter A SIBONS and also M A Jonge are they important painters or just amatures?

21 februari 2001 16:21
    Hi Janie, you're not the first to inquire in Europe about a painting signed Grust, but you've come to the wrong place. F.Grust was a German painter, yet he worked exclusively for American dealers. As he is not considered an important artist,little is known about him. Sure enough: your painting probably passed for a Dutch work of art for ages and it may well show pretty girls in what look like traditional dresses, but these are pseudo-Dutch phantasies made up to satisfy the fashionable taste in the U.S. These picturesque "scenes from the Old World" are an American phenomenon and that is still where the market lies. Dunning's sold one some years ago for $ 2600,-. Why not surf to www.dunnings.com and send your pics to their email-address for a free appraisal ? Good luck.

22 februari 2001 04:24
    I have a large museum-quality portrait of my great great grandmother by the Dutch painter Nicolaas Pieneman. Can you tell me if it is potentially valuable? A family member believes it may be quite valuable.
  • Nicolaas Pieneman portrait

22 februari 2001 04:25
    I have a large museum-quality portrait of my great great grandmother by the Dutch painter Nicolaas Pieneman. Can you tell me if it is potentially valuable? A family member believes it may be quite valuable.

Robert Hyder
    23 februari 2001 02:21
    I have apainting by F. G. Grust, of
    a lady and three small children. two of the children are aprox. ages
    three to five years old. the third in in a cradle. The two older girls are sitting at a table with their mother, who is sewing or kniting.
    Would like info. on this.
    Thanks
    Robert Hyder

Robert Hyder
    23 februari 2001 02:22
    three to five years old. the third in in a cradle. The two older girls are sitting at a table with their mother, who is sewing or kniting.
    Thanks
    Robert Hyder

23 februari 2001 02:24
    Thanks
    Robert Hyder
  • Re: Hardrick? or Fardrick?

23 februari 2001 16:54
    : Recently bought a painting at an auction. I can't really read the name but it looks like Hardrick, Fredrick, or Harderick? The painting is of a a boderie (sp) a farm of some sort with the thatch rooftop. Anyhow, I would love to know more about the painter if in fact this painter is known.
    : Thanks in advance!
    : deborah
    Dear Deborah,
    If you could send me a picture of the painting I'll tell you at once if its one of my grant father
    Regards
    R. Hardrick
  • Re: Free information on Dutch artists

23 februari 2001 22:21
    : I own a painting by A J Jansen, date unreadable at latest 1970. Dutch household scene . Where can I find more information on this artist?
  • Re: Free information on Dutch artists

23 februari 2001 22:22
    : I own a painting by A J Jansen, date unreadable at latest 1970. Dutch household scene . Where can I find more information on this artist?
  • Re: A. E. Piot

03 maart 2001 02:30
    I have inherited an oil painting from my grandmother (of New York, USA)of an older woman with a younger woman and child. The painting is signed A. E. Piot. I am guessing the painter is Flemish and is probably from the turn of the century or earlier.
    Any information you can provide about A. E. Piot would be greatly appreciated.
  • F.G. Grust

03 maart 2001 02:33
    I have the same painting Robert Hyder described in his previous email. The painting looks original, no glass in front of it, an original oil painting. Would it be possible for me to have some information on this painting, as well.
  • Re: A. E. Piot

sam
    03 maart 2001 11:56
    Adolphe Etienne Piot (1850 - 1910) was not Flemish but French, from the Loire. You will find a short biography in the Benezit dictionnaire. His work has become highly sought after, especially in the Anglo-saxon world, and fetches significant results at auction. You may want to send a digital photograph to Butterfield's for an appraisal: it is probably worth insuring separately. If you type his full name on the Google home page, you will find some other pretty sitters too. Congratulations !
    Sam.
  • Re: F.G. Grust

sam
    03 maart 2001 13:04
    This Grust is a confusing artist. He has several initials, but they all belong to the same individual, since the titles of the paintings are all very similar. First of all: Grust was not a Dutchman. His work may look Dutch, but his name is not. It does not exist in Holland and never has. In Southern Germany, Austria it is quite common. And that is where we should look for him.
    The German Thieme-Becker artists' dictionary mentions a Theodor Grust, porcelain-painter and an F.S. Grust. In U.S. auction catalogues we find 2 pictures sold by F.G.Grust (NL), one at $ 2400,- and one at $ 2600,-. The second initial is probably a misread S and the NL is no more than an assumption. Other auction catalogues call him Theodor (born 1859)who was in fact the above pottery painter, but the work always shows pretty girls in phantasy "traditional" dress. These scenes were popular in America at the time and were produced all over Europe. From Vienna and Budapest came boatloads of pretty Dutch seaside girls by artists that had never seen the sea in their lives. Our own Dutch artists seldom painted girls that pleased the eye. Their girls were rather to be pitied, solid females with gloomy and fateful expressions. But many American families have thought for centuries that they own a Dutch painting which in fact is Austrian or even American, for some of these pseudo-Dutch artist followed their market and went to the USA. So, resuming: you have a phantasy Dutch scene done by an artist we know little about so far, who worked for the American market. And the value would be around $ 3000. One more thing: if your image is identical to the one inquired about recently, you should make sure it is not an oleography. That is a lithographed reproduction with a layer of varnish.
    Sam.

04 maart 2001 19:07
    I have a print of two elderly ladis having tea at home. It is signed: P. Philippi '99
    Can you tell me anything about it?
    Is it an oil, water color, pastel?
    Thank you, C. T. Meany
  • Re: Peter Philippi

C T Meany
    04 maart 2001 19:37
    P. Philippi was painting at the turn of the century. Can anyone give me information about him and/or his works? Thank you